Thursday, December 17, 2009

is there sugar in syrup?

Here's my list of favorite Christmas movies, in no particular order. You may notice some allegedly good holiday movies are left off this list. That's because I don't like those movies, people. Macauley Culkin and Tim Allen???.....bah, humbug!

I'm cracking up, just thinking about this movie. So many good lines - I'm a quote girl. A movie is good if I'm repeating the lines for years to come. (Man, I'm annoying). But Will Ferrell is so deliciously lovable and silly in this movie.


It's a Wonderful Life

source

Please...a classic. Makes me cry every time. And again with the quotes. Why just a couple weeks ago, I was walking around town with Nick, crying "Merry Christmas, New Bedford Falls...Merry Christmas, bums...Merry Christmas, you old heroin bar..."


Home for the Holidays



I know, I know - this is a Thanksgiving movie. But it's so good. My cousins and I watch it religiously when we're together for the holidays. It reminds us of our crazy, huge Irish family; along with the refuge we take in each other. If Bridget didn't live 3,000 miles away, she'd likely be on her way over to my house at mere mention of this movie. And it's so quotable. "Mr. Fix It all of a sudden. He doesn't know where anything is in his own house." I so miss the great Anne Bancroft!

Miracle on 34th Street



I'm a sucker for old movies and this one is timeless!


Muppet Christmas Carol


I'd take a bullet for the Muppets. "Light the lamp, not the rat."



1 comment: