Saturday, March 5, 2011

amas veritas

we are spending this quiet, sunny saturday morning looking at houses online and I cannot help but compare each to amas veritas from practical magic. I know erin agrees, she and I both love this movie for the house only. oh sigh, why are houses so rarely ancient and full of character with little crevices and beautiful minute architectural detail? (here are a few images, thanks to THIS site).


exterior





kitchen




I am madly in love with every inch of this kitchen. the farm table. the breakfast nook. the thick subway tiles. the enormous stove. the open shelving. the glass cabinets. the back staircase. the high beamed ceiling.


conservatory (yes, I want one)


2 comments:

  1. I am obsessed with this house!! these pictures are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read somewhere that this house exterior was built just for the movie...and then torn down! Yikes. I'd live in this house even it was just the frame.

    ReplyDelete